Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Who is the Antichrist? A Revisionist perspective?

On August 22, 2009, I was in discussion with a Jamaican who did her Masters and spent some years living in Israel about the subject of Anti-Christ. She was of the opinion that Christian eschatology was erroneous, because of its development before the existence of Israel as a modern state and before the rise of modern Islam as a worldwide religion. Consequently, at the time Christians developed their perspectives on the end times, there was only one religion that seemed to fit the description of the beast or Antichrist, and this was Roman Catholicism.

My friend argued that Christianity today need to revise their view of the end times and eschatology to include these new developments and realities. For my friend, the Antichrist could very well be Islam. I await for her to send me a book that will provide further evidence.

No comments: