I had the pleasure of viewing ABC's "Back to beginning" series with Christiane Amanpour. Through her series, I went exploring with her the stories I loved, read, learned and cherished as a youth. Many of her experts also had great sayings. I benefited from the store of collective wisdom from Muslim, Jewish and Christian informants, as they shared the meaning they found in the Biblical stories that we all treasured. Some among the many that I documented are:
- One has to be away from the distractions of modern life and routines in order to be aware of God's presence
- Being a shepherd softens one heart: makes one prepared to be a shepherd of community.
- A myths is more than history; it tells you the meaning of history
- The Bible is essentially a story of a family: an epic tale that spans across the generations.
- People try to make rules to live by and keep or at least learn from their mistakes.
Amanpour, C. (Producer and Director?). (2012). Back to the beginning [Television special]. New York, NY: ABC News Network. Retrieved from http://abcnews.go.com/International/back_to_the_beginning/