Thursday, June 10, 2010

Finding our own faults

In search of the Word of G-d today, I checked out some spiritual music videos that a friend posted on Facebook, with the aim of having those music messages set the tone for contemplation and meditation. I also decided to comment on the videos. I however, naturally wanted to be critical of the one of musical messages and made a critical comment of the tempo.


Then I read the commentary on the portion -Parashah Shelach - "Send" Numbers 13:1 - 15:41 from Elofer. In the commentary, these words caught my attention:
“We were given two eyes—one very powerful for introspection, so we should find our smallest faults; the other very weak, for viewing others. Only too often we switch their functions.”
This is the word for today for me. Do not be quick to find fault in others, but find my own faults. However, look for good in others today. Look for these first. Matthew 7:3.

In fact that is just what Jesus did in Revelations in the messages to the churches. He stated what he found good in them first, then discussed the bad (Read Revelations 2).

Reference:

Elofer, Richard-Amram.(2010, June 10). "Parashah Shelach - "Send" Numbers 13:1 - 15:41." World Jewish-Adventist Friendship Center. Accessed: June 10, 2010. http://jewishadventist.org/document_groups/52

No comments: